Home Virtual Garage Sale Etsy Store Blogs I Browse Knitting Challenges & Sketches

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Hello!


Wow!  I can't believe it has been over a month since I have posted.  It has been a pretty busy month!   I have not been motivated to paper craft lately. Not that I won't ever do it again, but I am just not in the mood and haven't been for some time.

As I have stated in a few previous posts I have taken on another hobby and that is knitting.  I have been doing a lot of that lately!  I finished my first pair of socks...which I first blogged about Here.
I messed up the decrease on the toe, but they still fit and I love them!  I really liked making them and they were so warm.  I finished them November 11.  Of course the first pair were for me. If I am putting all the time into them...then I get the first pair!

The entire time I was making my first pair my youngest daughter Madison kept asking me to make her a pair (my oldest Carli who is 15 thinks she is too cool to wear something knitted by mom).  So I started Madison's soon after I finished mine.

 Here is one of her socks almost complete.  The picture doesn't show it well but they are a little more pink.
And here is her finished version.  It was cloudy and dark so the colors don't show as well. But she loves them and wants to wear them all the time so that makes me happy!  

The girls and I went to Pennsylvania to visit my family and my husbands over Thanksgiving and it was a good time.  I got to spend a lot of time with Mom and Dad (we stay at their house), and see my sister and brother. But this trip my brother stayed at the house with us and that was awesome that we got to spend a lot of extra time with him.

We made sure to get in a family picture before everyone went their separate ways on Thanksgiving day!  We try to get a family picture a couple times a year when we are together. It doesn't always work out, but I am glad that this time we did!  I LOVE them!  

while at my parents I started my 3rd pair of socks.  I found this yarn at a local Yarn Store in Roanoke. I thought it was so cute.  Of course I am at my parents and rolling it into a ball and there is part of the skein that doesn't have any of the dark maroon. I was so mad. I thought..."they tried to get away with putting different yarn in there."  Seriously!  I got home and told my hubby. He said take a picture and email them.  I was just about to when I re-read the label. Yep...helps to read it very carefully!  Why read the label you ask?  Because on it, there was a H-P.  What does that mean?  Heal and Toe. Yep....there was an additional 25 years of coordinating heal and toe yarn!  Did not know there was such a thing!  Just goes to show you that you can always learn something knew!


So...here is my sock.  Yep...checking it out on my arm.  I love the striping and now have both cuffs and legs done.  Some ladies that I am in a knitting group with are gong to help me with an after though heal.  I am super excited to get those done!  Soon I will have a new post with my new pairs of socks!
post signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...